- When can I enroll for BFA course?
You should enroll before September for this course. Application will be available during the last week of July and Entrance Test is usually scheduled for mid-August. You will be provided with detail information when you submit your application form.
- How many semesters are there in BFA course?
The BFA course is divided into eight semesters and the total duration of the course is 4 years. Every year is divided into 2 semesters. The first semester is August-January and the second semester is February-July.
- What are the courses offered?
The BFA course offers major in either Graphic Communication or Studio Art.
- What is the credit load of the BFA program?
The total number of credits for the entire BFA course is 139.
- What is the eligibility for this course?
Plus 2 / Intermediate / A level or equivalent degree from the institutes recognized by Kathmandu University is eligible to join the course.
- How long is the class duration?
Usually our class starts at 8:00 am and ends at 3:00pm in the afternoon. The theory classes are generally 120mins long while practical classes are 4-6 hours long depending upon class schedules. The class schedules are subject to change with prior notification.
- Do I need to have prior knowledge of Art before I enter for this course?
Not necessarily. Since our course is designed for the beginners, you can enroll without any prior knowledge of Art. However your previous knowledge could be beneficial if you have any.
- Do you provide scholarship?
Please check our scholarship page under Tuition-Financial Support for details.
- Do you have housing facility?
No, our center does not provide housing facility. If you need, you will have to rent a room, a flat or a house nearby the campus at your own cost.
- Do you provide studio materials?
Not really. However we do provide very basic introductory studio materials in Foundation years. The materials provided at the college do not support all your class room practices. You will have to bring extra materials. You can buy materials at low cost from our store or get them from the market.
- Can I stay longer than the teaching hours?
Yes, we allow students to stay longer and continue to work than the teaching hours.
- How is the library facility?
We have good numbers of books on art and related subjects. Each year, we update our library with good number of books. We subscribe to art magazines, journals and newspaper regularly. The library also has audio-visual archives, dissertations and journals. Our inter-library loan allows students to study in the library from 8am-8pm.
- How is the campus environment?
Exciting as most of our visitors say and you can also feel it in our students’ contented smiles. Our faculty members are very supportive and students are very friendly and energetic.
- In what language do you teach?
Our theory lectures are generally in English while practical classes are informal. All the written submission and examination are conducted in English.
- How can I reach your campus?
The location map is available here. Contact Us
- Do you have a shuttle service?
We don’t have any shuttle service. Our centre is accessibly located. There are plenty of local conveyances which stop near the centre. If you are lucky, you can always ask for lift from our faculty members and students who drive to the campus.
- Do you have canteen facility?
Yes, we have a decent canteen that sells hygienic food in modest price.
- Hmm, I’m still waiting examination results of my pre-university degree. Can I still apply?
Yes, you can enroll if you are selected after the entrance test. Your admission would be considered as a provisional. However, your result should be available before the first semester examination starts.
- What do I need to prepare for the entrance test?
Our entrance test is designed in such a manner that it will project your ability and inquisitiveness for the course. We seek your aptitude in English language, 2D and 3D test. The interview is generally very friendly with our faculty members who look forward to your honest participation.
- Is there any provision for VISA if needed?
Yes, we have provision to request Ministry for Education and Department of Immigration for your student visa.
- How long will it take to proceed for VISA?
It will take nearly 20 working days (max) for us to provide you a letter for Department of Immigration.
- Does the amount which I have to pay to the university include visa charge?
No, it does not include. You are required to pay separate visa charge to the Dept of Immigration.
- What are the documents required?
- You need to submit 4 copies of the followings
- Photocopy of your Passport
- No Objection Certificate from your embassy / consulate (1 original + 3 photocopies)
- Recent Visa
- Bank Statement /1500usd min for six months (1 original + 3 photocopies)
- Your recent Photographs
- Other relevant documents
If these FAQs have not answered your question, please contact KUart office at Hattiban, Lalitpur or drop email at info-at-kuart.edu.np