Art Management 3cr Course
This course is designed to teach students how business plans can support the management of arts and cultural organizations. Focusing on communicating one’s vision with strategic approaches to marketing and finances, the course prepares students to develop their own yearly plan with concrete goals and objective. Relevant for both for-profit and non-commercial ventures, the course also cultivates an understanding of the legal climate that shape the operations of arts organizations. Case studies, practical assignments and readings will be used to compliment the in-class lectures and discussions.
The course will be facilitated by experts in the field of entrepreneurial consultancy, business administration and management of artistic projects and events.
Students will be able to:
- Communicate their business plans to perspective donors/clients with confidence and precision
- Link their financial planning to their individual/institutional vision
- Create marketing plans based on value proposition and market research
- Understand the laws and policies governing the arts and cultural sector
- Understand institutional mechanism that help streamline middle-management
- Strategic Management
- Marketing the Arts
- Financial Planning
- Business Canvassing
- Laws and Policies
- Internal Control Systems
Applicant must hold a Bachelor degree or is continuing from a recognized institution.
A 300 word ‘idea’ for a business/organization/project.
Language of Instruction:
All lectures and written work are in English. Informal studio instructions are provided in Nepali or English.
Every Sundays from 3rd June 2017 – 27th August 2017
Duration: 48 hours / 4 hours per day
Contact KU Art+Design office if you need further information.